Thursday, August 2, 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Hi all! So, it's been awhile since I've posted and I apologize for that. I am about to start my Tanzanian adventure on Sunday, yes, SUNDAY! These last few months have flown by and there has been many big changes that happened during that time.

I walked across the stage as a "graduate" (I won't fully graduate until after student teaching) back in May. I walked with many close friends and I am so proud of us all. It was a pretty emotional day but also a day full of pride. I will miss UNI and Cedar Falls so much. The people I met and the experiences I had made me who I am today and I am very thankful for it all.

This summer also brought many changes for some of my closest friends. I had two move up to Minnesota. Beth is working at Mayo and Eric is working at Wells Fargo in Minneapolis. Then my partner in crime all throughout school, Trinity, moved all the way to Colorado. With my friends still around the QC and Cedar Falls, Jane in Atlanta, and Michelle in Chicago, I guess it's safe to say that I have plenty of destinations to visit when I get back. I am so proud of them all and it is definitely weird to think how we're the grown ups now.

My flight leaves from O'hare at 4pm on Sunday (8/5) and then it's off to Amsterdam for a few hours and then I arrive at Tanzania! I am so excited for my adventure to start and I plan on keeping everyone updated through this blog. I will post pictures and stories, hopefully, once a week. I now have a twitter (@smashash89) and will probably update that a lot, too. Wish me luck with the rest of my packing!

Til next time,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I was slightly upset I wasn't mentioned. And then I remembered I don't have anything nearly as good as going to Tanzania! But this is good because you won't miss anything going on in my life while you're gone. I'll miss you! Make sure you post often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading your blog, and it makes me miss you and become more proud of you. Wow!!!! Tanzania..... CRAY!!! Twat me on twitter . I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAINNNNN

    ReplyDelete